Austin Peay State University
Assistant Professor of Trumpet
This is a permanent,
full-time, 9-month, tenure-track faculty position commencing in August, 2014.
Teaching opportunities in jazz are available for qualified candidates, including directing the APSU Jazz Collegians (big band).
Candidates should be aware that numerous professional performance opportunities are available in the area, including the Clarksville based Gateway Chamber Orchestra (gatewaychamberorchestra.com).
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
- A Master's degree or higher in trumpet performance;
- A Master's degree in another music concentration is acceptable if the candidate holds a Doctoral degree in trumpet performance;
- A gifted performer-teacher with a strong interest in recruiting;
- Ability to be an effective classroom teacher;
- A background search will be required of the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application deadline: Review will begin on January 16, 2014 and will continue until filled.
Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources/faculty