University of Arkansas at Monticello
Position: Instructor of Music
The University of Arkansas at Monticello ( www.uamont.edu) Division of Music is seeking applicants for a ten month, full-time, non-tenure track, position as an Instructor of Music beginning August 2018.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and possibly graduate students; direct the premier jazz ensemble and jazz combos; teach applied trumpet; and teach additional courses as needed by the department within the candidate's area of expertise. Active recruitment is expected, which can include activities such as taking tours, hosting festivals, serving as adjudicator/clinician/guest conductor/guest soloist, and performing at conferences. The successful candidate is expected to maintain a positive relationship with music educators in the region, including active participation in local, regional, state, and national music organizations. Teaching load is 15 credit hours per semester. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with faculty and staff.
Education: An earned Master of Music degree in Jazz Studies from an accredited institution is required.
- An active, accomplished professional jazz artist with demonstrable expertise and experience as a soloist, ensemble member, ensemble leader, and educator. The successful candidate will have previous participation as an ensemble member and band leader with professional and collegiate groups.
- Demonstrable fluency in a variety of jazz styles.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrable organizational and communication skills.
- The successful candidate's instrument will be trumpet.
- The successful candidate will have two years or more marketing experience as it pertains to professional musical organizations. The applicant will be responsible for promoting and rebranding multiple performance groups within the Division of Music.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience with music business and law.
Application Process: Send a letter of application as well as a completed Employment Application ( http://uam-web2.uamont.edu/pdfs/FinAdmin/EmploymentApplication.pdf ), curriculum vita, copy of unofficial transcripts, and the contact information of three professional references (off-list references may be checked) to: Mr. Justin T. Anders, Chair, Division of Music, P. O. Box 3607, Monticello, AR 71656, telephone (870) 460-1060, fax (870) 460-1260. Submission of electronic applications are encouraged. Please send completed information to: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. UAM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is subject to FOI requests.