Position: Associate Professor/Professor or Artist-in-Residence
The Northwestern University Henry and Leigh Bienen School of Music invites applications and nominations for an Associate Professor/Professor or Artist-in-Residence to begin September 1, 2018.
Qualifications: Required: Established national and international reputation as an artist/teacher; proven record of successful teaching; ability to attract and recruit outstanding undergraduate and graduate students. Preferred: Proven record of successful teaching in a School or Conservatory of Music within a university; master’s degree.
Responsibilities: Teach and recruit undergraduate and graduate students; maintain professional career as artist/teacher; serve on doctoral committees. Additional teaching responsibilities may include coaching chamber music and teaching courses in candidate’s areas of interest and abilities.
Rank: Associate Professor/Professor or Artist-in-Residence
Application: Screening begins Monday, October 16, 2017 and continues until position is filled. Submit a letter of interest; curriculum vitae or resume; names, addresses and phone numbers of three references via the online application. *Note*audio files cannot be uploaded to the online application system. Please submit one recording of a recent performance as a web link or audio file to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail CD to:
Trumpet Search Committee
Henry and Leigh Bienen School of Music
70 Arts Circle Drive
Evanston, IL 60208-2405
Please visit www.music.northwestern.edu for information regarding the Northwestern University Bienen School of Music.
Northwestern University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications accepted here: Apply for Job
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.